So recent you can still taste the bile
- Campus protests against the ACLU?
- The arc of his life vindicated his moral critics, conservative and feminist
- Hidden (and illegal) bailouts to insurance companies
- Passive observers of the polarization?
- The new normal: antagonisms, inflamed
- The 2nd & passionate non-sequiturs
- True socialism
- The dogma lives loudly in you
- The “New Coke” of domestic policy initiatives
- It’s easy to forget that both major parties are hot messes at the moment.
Tag Archives: Environmentalism
h/t Julie Kelly in Matt Ridley: Climate Change Rational Optimist He calls himself a “lukewarmer” on climate change. The author of several scientific books — including The Rational Optimist, his paean about how human grit and ingenuity have historically prevailed over … Continue reading
Kevin D. Williamson asks the progressives of California to please demonstrate their competence at risk management before exporting their methods world-wide. From Global Warming Guacamole: [The drought in] California presents the global-warming dispute in miniature. The Left, with the prominent … Continue reading
h/t Holman Jenkins in Climate Reporting’s Hot Mess If the decades have validated any set of propositions, it’s the following: Mankind is unlikely to do anything meaningful about carbon dioxide as a matter of concerted public policy, and anything it … Continue reading
Rupert Darwall in the WSJ, on international climate “deals.” The argument for acting alone rests on a belief in political rochambeau: other nations will hurt their poor if only we hurt ours first. The argument for acting collectively rests on a dangerous … Continue reading