The claim that Obama saved GM is fraudulent. What he did was use political muscle to intervene in a bankruptcy process in order to ensure a settlement on terms favorable to his supporters, the United Auto Workers union, at the expense of taxpayers (or “freeloaders,” in the president’s parlance) and bondholders. It would be more accurately characterized as an act of larceny than salvation.
So recent you can still taste the bile
- It’s easy to forget that both major parties are hot messes at the moment.
- There are certain harms that are nonactionable
- Ike’s opinion of Lee – interesting
- When “individuals are abstract and utopian fantasies regnant”
- When nuance is unacceptable and clarity essential
- Astronomy pictures of the fortnight, LXXII – solar eclipse edition
- RCAAs and Plutonomies
- Bipartisan solution to Obamacare
- Trauma, chaos; new consensus to follow?
- Better deal rebranding