The claim that Obama saved GM is fraudulent. What he did was use political muscle to intervene in a bankruptcy process in order to ensure a settlement on terms favorable to his supporters, the United Auto Workers union, at the expense of taxpayers (or “freeloaders,” in the president’s parlance) and bondholders. It would be more accurately characterized as an act of larceny than salvation.
So recent you can still taste the bile
- The Crusades
- Fatherhood is a poor measure of manhood
- Data harvesting and social manipulation
- Society is constantly adapting to all sorts of changes
- Book review: Without Precedent
- Scope creep
- Populism and responses to it
- Your so-called England is a hoax!
- A disaster for American discourse
- What do we choose to accept?