The claim that Obama saved GM is fraudulent. What he did was use political muscle to intervene in a bankruptcy process in order to ensure a settlement on terms favorable to his supporters, the United Auto Workers union, at the expense of taxpayers (or “freeloaders,” in the president’s parlance) and bondholders. It would be more accurately characterized as an act of larceny than salvation.
So recent you can still taste the bile
- The cause is the cause
- You can’t prove our guy was a serial molester of adolescent girls!
- 3 reasons to oppose net neutrality
- The ends are ephemeral but the means live on
- Tax reform and millennials
- There are any number of definitions of conservatism out there
- To rewrite the rules of courteous behavior
- Our small-r institutions
- The opposite of a liberal arts education
- The true consiglieres of capitalism