The claim that Obama saved GM is fraudulent. What he did was use political muscle to intervene in a bankruptcy process in order to ensure a settlement on terms favorable to his supporters, the United Auto Workers union, at the expense of taxpayers (or “freeloaders,” in the president’s parlance) and bondholders. It would be more accurately characterized as an act of larceny than salvation.
So recent you can still taste the bile
- What are conservatives trying to conserve?
- Sources of political violence
- Counterpoint: The case for restricting hate speech
- Immigration Has Changed the Progressive Movement
- Free Speech Isn’t Always a Tool of Virtue
- Knocking down the ‘wall of separation’ between church & state
- 8-0 Matal v. Tam decision
- Political violence
- The Age of Unilateral Rule
- “Lots of loons are sui generis. But lots of them aren’t.”