The contradictions of our healthcare system were not resolved but in a way accentuated by the health care reform act passed in 2010. Our health care system is still a “house divided against itself that cannot stand.” It’s partly centralized command and control, partly market based, (and) every question that has been put off has been put off in a way that is hoped to make Medicare for all or a public option the inevitable response 5, 10, 15 years from now.
So recent you can still taste the bile
- The expanding power of opaque notions
- The common denominator of the two extremes is the abandonment of disinterested reporting
- Accepting other people’s choices
- Humanity’s ability to forestall radical warming
- A People without a King
- “About the Declaration there is a finality that is exceedingly restful.”
- What are conservatives trying to conserve?
- Sources of political violence
- Counterpoint: The case for restricting hate speech
- Immigration Has Changed the Progressive Movement