The contradictions of our healthcare system were not resolved but in a way accentuated by the health care reform act passed in 2010. Our health care system is still a “house divided against itself that cannot stand.” It’s partly centralized command and control, partly market based, (and) every question that has been put off has been put off in a way that is hoped to make Medicare for all or a public option the inevitable response 5, 10, 15 years from now.
So recent you can still taste the bile
- Immigration and nationalism
- If men were angels/if angels were to govern men
- Health care as a right
- Sometimes, institutions have earned the distrust
- The cause is the cause
- You can’t prove our guy was a serial molester of adolescent girls!
- 3 reasons to oppose net neutrality
- The ends are ephemeral but the means live on
- Tax reform and millennials
- There are any number of definitions of conservatism out there