In the primaries, Obama distinguished himself from Clinton on health care by opposing an individual mandate. In the general election, he distinguished himself from McCain by opposing taxes on health benefits. So now he is trying to pass bills with both an individual mandate and taxes on health benefits — and his supporters are saying that Congress should go along because he won the election.
So recent you can still taste the bile
- What are conservatives trying to conserve?
- Sources of political violence
- Counterpoint: The case for restricting hate speech
- Immigration Has Changed the Progressive Movement
- Free Speech Isn’t Always a Tool of Virtue
- Knocking down the ‘wall of separation’ between church & state
- 8-0 Matal v. Tam decision
- Political violence
- The Age of Unilateral Rule
- “Lots of loons are sui generis. But lots of them aren’t.”